Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21st weekly letter




Hey, how are things going back home?

Not really an exciting week, last P-day we played some soccer and did
some parkour (par core), so that was fun.

We then went on a unexpected combined exchange, so in other words we
spent the whole day with the other two elders because they needed help
with the three male rule so they could go to their investigators and a
new member that moved to DC. Apparently she is from the Silver Spring
Ward and she is super awesome. Come to find out she is a recent
convert of about a year, I would have guessed she was a member her
whole life the way she acted. It kind of makes me want to go to the
Silver a Spring Ward, I hear it is a big ward and that the members are
super nice; from my experience thus far the members I've met from
there really are amazing. She fed us tres leche cake and really good
sandwiches with fried chicken and spaghetti . . .  don't knock it until
you've tried it.  I love her food! So we then went to some more
investigators homes and come to find out we left our phone at her
house and she lives probably a good 45 minutes away, so the day after
we had to go to her work at a cafe and the bonus from that was we got
two free giant cookies (yum).

We are teaching a kid named Brian he is the son of a recent
convert/member of three years, both are a little crazy if you ask me.
I was surprised by how well the lesson went because if you know Brian
he is seven year old fighting machine, a heart of fire and the energy
of a little kid...wait...ya. But we taught him about Joseph Smith and
Jesus and he picked up a lot more than I thought.  I really thought
that he wasn't paying attention then we decided to describe the
pictures that he scrolled through super fast, again. Then he's like
no, I got it all. Really? Then off he went and described all fifteen
pictures perfectly, we were surprised to say the least. It was a good
lesson.

We had some interesting food this week, for example I had crab and
lobster for the first time in a soup, I have some pictures of that.
Hispanics don't like to separate meat especially chicken for soups, so
we had a whole crab in our soup, quite a sight to have that swimming
in your soup.

We also had a why I believe meeting last night at the VC. The speaker
last night was an LDS member here and DC, and he was funny and a nice
guy, but I don't know if you would like him though, he coincidentally
enough is...Obama's doctor. The Hispanic respond positively to this,
especially since they all love him, don't know why...ohhhh, never
mind. But anyway he was a good guy, he told his conversion story and
we also heard from his wife and how they met at Ricks college, etc.

Don't know if I told you this, but Delmira is on date for baptism for
August 3, so we'll see how this turns out. The rest of the members and
investigators are same old same old, but we hope to get more people to
baptism.

Well that's my week in a nut shell, love you guys, take care and enjoy the week.

Love,

Ethan

PS  Goat milk huh, what do you need got milk for? I'm curious.


Elder Hatch what is in your soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment