Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4, 2014 Weekly Letter



Happy fourth of July,

     Today should be a fun one, we have had a barbecue planned for the last week and it should be fun activity this afternoon. However, the weather here is questionable, the previous days have said to rain up to today and none of them rained until last night and it looks like our fourth will be a wet one. And then tonight the plan is to watch the fireworks off the rooftop of our apartment, I hear this is a huge holiday here, and it should be exciting to see.

     Yesterday we got permission to go to Costco from our zone leaders and I bought the magic bullet, super excited. One of the elders here has one and I used it and now I'm hooked, it makes really good protein shakes.

This week as far as investigators go is still fine, sadly we are losing more than we are gaining, but we have a lot of potentials that we found and hopefully we can get appointments with them and pick them up as investigators. Juan has a baptismal date, but so far it has been difficult to find him and teach him, so we'll see where he goes from here. We picked up our investigator's daughter, here name is Maria she is probably in here late twenties she is the daughter of Delmira. Then on a highlight we finally contacted Guillermina or rather she contacted us, come to find out she lives in Detroit Michigan at the moment, but she says she wants to come back, see elder Stubbs, and what blew me out of the water is she also said she wants to be baptized, which is a real shock since we have been pushing this for so long and she never has excepted it, I don't know if she is playing the emotions, but we will see; she says she is coming next week and we have a appointment to take her to the VC next Wednesday. Zefferina I believe is the same old same old, we have a appointment with her tomorrow so, we will see how she is doing and I'll let you know Monday.

My companion Elder Hatch is super nice and yes he still works hard, to an extent, he is a great guy and everybody loves him, I think so as well, however there a few things about him that really bug me, but I'm not going into detail on that, but that is the general for Elder Hatch.

(Mom) so it don't think the tomb of the unknown soldier is part of my mission, I've never heard of it before. I do believe if I remember correctly it is on the other side of the Potomac which is part of Gary's mission.

Also I did get your guys care package, thank you so much, I especially loved the cookies, not admitting to anything, but I may have almost ate them all already, you were right when you said they were my favorite. Also thank you for the green drink and the probiotics they have really helped.

I'm glad you had fun at Lake Powell this week, I'm not going to lie, I kind of wanted to be there and it had it's moments that affected me this week, but nothing I could really do, but I kind of miss doing fun stuff like that. For some reason i feel like I am the only missionary who is affected by this kind of stuff, like everyone else is on a higher plane of living the me, not sure how they do it. 

The language dad, is well.........enough said, still working on it to say the least, I'm just a very slow learner that is all. 

I've seen some of the pictures from trek, sadly none with Jackson, but sounds like they had fun, where did they go? Plus Jackson with his parades and all sounds super cool, should be a good experience for you Jackson, hopefully it's not to hot.

Life is good, just having a little trouble making progress, and it kind of hold me back, but I'm doing my best.

I'll send my spiritual thought in a another email.

Love,

Ethan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment